Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Inspiration...



I LOVE everything about this image.

As I have said lots of times before, I really want to change things up a bit in my home. I would love a new table and chairs, new shelving in the alcoves of my living room, a new sofa...etc etc!!

This image best sums up the look/style/theme I really like right now. It's dark wood (old/worn but not completely battered!), white walls with a little bit of retro industrial thrown in. But then I have to allow space for a bit mid-century modern and scandi...bloody hell, I get so confused about what I want...I am overloaded with ideas/images but the REALLY difficult thing is how I can pull it all together...oh, it wearies me!!

Love these subway tiles by the way- we bought these back in January along with black floor tiles for our bathroom - they are still sitting on the floor in the back bedroom..sigh!). I intend to use them in our tiny kitchen also (when I get around to changing the work tops and putting in some open shelving..again, sigh..will I ever do this stuff??).

3 comments:

Georgia said...

Martina, I smiled reading this post because I'm in exactly the same mode myself - must change up house and make stylish and modern and and and .... but when and how? and etc. I look forward to seeing pictures of your progress!

StephieB said...

Hi Martina!

I hate to say this but when it comes to decorating I don't think you ever really finish! I know that we will leave our home in a couple of years time to start a new adventure and that I will still be thinking I wish I did this or that!

Just do one thing at a time and take the time to enjoy each achievement. Most of all I think that if you surround yourself with things that you love, your home will always make you happy.

Enough with the deep and meaningfuls now! Happy Wednesday, Stephie x

Unknown said...

I know the feeling. The great thing about subway tiles is that they are classic (so even if you do wait a long while - there is no way it will be too late).

I love this room too - very clean & elegant. I think a little retro look would fit in nicely with the scheme - so you can have every thing you want. Plus, when it comes to decorating - I kinda think the journey is the destination...or at least that is what I tell myself when I feel like these things will never get done as well!

hope you are well.

e

p.s. Thanks for the info, I had no idea. It must be my Scot-Irish roots that lead me to love the thistle!