Friday, October 16, 2009

My journey home from work...

So, it is a beautiful Friday evening here in Dublin, and as always I'm thrilled skinny to be out of work and heading into the weekend! I had my little digital camera sitting beside me in the car so thought I would shoot my journey home from Baggot Street to Kimmage on Dublin's leafy southside...of course, I was careful and a lot of the shots I didn't even know what I was taking so excuse the very bad pictures and the blurryness - you'll get the general vibe tho (hopefully)!!

Starting off on Lower Mount Street...



Piebald horse with cart and tourists!



Up Merrion Street...



Both corners of Merrion and Baggot Streets...





Corner of Leeson St and Fitzwilliam Street Upper..



Adelaide Road...are you bored??



Approaching Portobello Bridge (over the Grand Canal) towards Rathmines...



Rathmines Village..





Leinster Road...



Kenilworth Park...almost there!



Getting closer...more modest housing you might note!!



Ooops quick detour to Donnybrook Fair for my bottle of Provo Reggio (a delicious Portuguese Sauv Blanc)...it's Friday afterall!



The little park beside my house...



My little street...



The front door...



My welcome home...two very excited and newly groomed woofers...awww...



Some gorgeous evening light..



And my glass of wine....ah..bliss..



Hope you enjoyed the trip - it's a nice drive (tho I should be on my bike...only a few more weeks before I don't have a choice on that one!)...just so you know, it is 3 miles (about 5k I think) and takes me about 20minutes - hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

7 comments:

Gigi Thibodeau said...

How lovely to get this peek into your daily life! Oh, and what sweeties to come home to. Have a glorious weekend, Martina! xo

Amanda Nicole said...

Oh, I miss Dublin! I visited once a couple years back for a family wedding on Dave's side, and loved it.

lasa55 said...

i love lonely fridays...
in fact this is one of those...

It followed me home said...

Oh how lovely! the buildings and tree lined streets are gorgeous. thanks for sharing. happy weekend!

Casie said...

It's absolutely lovely to see your home town.

Catherine said...

I love this martina now i want to visit your fair city. Such lovely old buildings and the park near your house must be great. Sounds like you had a lovely weekend.

Relyn Lawson said...

That's a super great purse you have there, my friend.