Thursday, June 25, 2009

"Me Time" Nook...

I need to make quite a few changes around our little house! This weekend, I plan to make a list of projects for us to do over the summer and hopefully I will share progress on these projects with you, right here!

One of my smaller projects is to create a little "Me Time" Nook (not a study/office-y type space...more somewhere which combines a kind of dressing table arrangement with a little place to do my blogging, write thank you notes etc...this nook will go in our master bedroom (which is in our attic) and will replace an Ikea Malm tallboy that I don't use at all and don't really like either as it happens! (space is wider than it looks in photo)...

Here's where my nook will go...(see tallboy reflection in mirror)



And some images I like for exactly this spot...







I think this last image is the ideal solution for me...I love it..plan to do some thrifting soon and hopefully find an old bureau to "do up"...

Middle image from Delaks...others...oops, not so sure..sorry!

I am going to visit my parents this weekend...leaving work early - really looking forward to my visit! Enjoy your weekend whatever it is you decide to do!

2 comments:

christina said...

Ohh.. the nook is adorable, but I am sure you will make it just they way you want it.
Such fresh styles, these all are.
xo

Casie said...

I can't wait to see what you do with the space. You've got an enviable head start with the sky light and white floorboards.

Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to seeing how your nook develops.